Can loop be inserted immediately after birth of baby or should we wait?

Hi Dr, I have a 5yr old daughter and soon i will be giving birth to my second baby (boy) i never in my life taken prevention tablets or injection and i am scared to start now. my hubby and I have decide that this is our last baby and i want to insert a loop. Is it possible that they can insert it immediately after giving birth? Is it safer? should i wait a month or two after giving birth? Please advise. My e-mail add is:- YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012