Can i take althea pill during menstrual cycle ?

it s my 3rd day of menstrual cycle . is it still safe to take althea pill?i m planning to use it and it will be my first time to use pills .thanks :)
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011
Hello jeff;
welcome to HeathcareMagic
If you are planning to use Althea pills as a contraceptive pill then you can start today itself.Since you are first time user you have to keep in mind not to forget taking them daily and just in case if you forget taking the pill say at night then you have to take the forgotten pill in the coming morning followed by the regular night dose of the that day.Once the pack is over with in 3-7 days you will get your normal period and then you have to start the next pack from the 2nd day of your menses.