Can I have T.B even when if I don't have any of the suggested symptoms what so ever ?

Hello Sir! I recently got an x-ray done and my doc said it suggests I might have T.B. I am to give sputum sample coming monday. Well the problem is I don t have any symptoms which suggest I have T.B. I am totally fit and fine so it freaked me out a bit. However I have had it before back in 2003-4 where I developed a lump on my neck and in the x-ray as well my doc had I had a mild infection in the lung so i was on medication and cured. I started smoking after my medication since then but I am not a heavy smoker. The last time i bought a 50gm tobacco lasted more than 3 months. I ve like really cut down on my in-take. So could smoking be the reason which suggest the possibility of T.B on my lung. Can I have T.B even when m not gong through any of the suggested symptoms what so ever? Please respond I am worried :(
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012