Burnt eyes previously after using sun lamp for acne. Now experiencing pain, redness in eyes. Symptoms of burnt eyes?

Approximately 35 years ago I used my mothers sun lamp for acne and burnt my eyes and was unable to open them for several days as I was not advised on the dangers of such a device. I am now in my late 40 s and have been experiencing pain and redness on a daily basis in my eyes? I wear reading glasses but nothing seems to help? Could I have caused some damage that is now showing in symtoms?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013