Bump on foot joint,pain,swelling. Diagnosed with arthritis.Pain reduced wearing tennis shoes. what is this?

Hi, I have been having problems with my feet for about almost 2 months now. I went to the Emergency room to have them looked at, and the doctor told me that it was a bunion . My symptoms: It started with pain in my legs, leg spasms, then I noticed a bump on my right foot joint . After that, I begin to notice my feet would feel like they were on fire at times. I went to my doctor to see if I had gout . He told me I did not and said it was arthritis . Next I began to notice my feet swell and it was very painful to walk at times. The pain began to get worse. I figured it might be my arch maybe had fallen, so I began to wear tennis shoes with decent arches. Now, the pain has subsided a little. However, I notice bumps on my toes. They aren t hard bumps. and most recently, a bump in between my right ring toe and pinky toe. My question: What is this?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013