Brown color, red patch, blister after tooth pulled, caps placed. Is it a burn?

My 8 year old had a tooth pulled and two caps placed and seals applied yesterday at 4pm by 5:30pm he had a red patch with a blister in the middle of it about the size of a nickel now I took him to the er after calling the dentist last night 3x and to day 2x and they kept blowing me off the doctor on call at the er was blown away by it . The spot is now a brown color with a bright red around it he said it was a burn?????
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012