Broken ribs & broken calvicle. Why would skin burn and turn red?

I just had an injury, 6 broken ribs & a broken clavicle . In the ICU for 3 days. I m healing now but notice that the skin on my back burns from inside only noticeable when I lie down. Many years ago I was living in Japan and read a protein label wrong. I took 6 times the amount of protein daily. After that my skin would burn and turn red and I could even draw a line with my finger and watch it turn red. Then it went away until I ate grapes which for a few years caused the same reaction. No issues for over 20 years, but this feels like the same thing. Got any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012