On ventilator post tracheostomy with tube, has paralysis on one side. What is the recovery time?

hi doctor my father have got left gangliocapsular bleed 4.6*2.8*3.6 cm surrounding edema and extention to lt lateral ventricle and seepage in to the 3rd and 4rt ventrice his treatment is on he is in the ICU since 25 days now and by the grace of god have opened his eyes and follows commands like 9 of 10 he follows . the doctors have done tracheostomy as he had to be on ventilator for quite some time now he is out of ventilator but the tube is still there the doctor say that it will take some time to remove the tube. his right body is suffering from paralyses doctor my concern is that will he be able to talk after his tracheostomy tube is removed ? will he be normal as he was earlier before the stroke? how long normally such patients take to recover completely?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012