Broken fibula, surgery with putted fibula done. What is the recovery time?

hi name is Tushar Pathak..I am 18 Years Old.On 27 august 2012 i had an accident on which my left leg fibula is broken approx (1 centimetre) is the broken gap...the doctors. hav done the surgery..they putted fibula nail in i want to ask is this :- How much time it will take for recovery? And what diet should i keep for fast recovery because i am missing my college and after the recovery can i swim or i can do my stretch exercises?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012