Brain stroke. MRI said Acute Infarct in Left fronto temporo parietal region. Meaning?

Hi, My mom is in India and doctor seemed to have mentioned she had brain stroke . The following are MRI results. How can it be cured, does it require any surgery. I would like to bring her to US for treatment but without insurance, I am not sure how expensive this treatment is. She feels pain in her left hand . Please suggest what s best. ********************************************************* MRI Brain(Plain): MRI of Brain has been done by taking multiecho, multiplanar technique There is altered signal intensity appearing hypeintense on T2, DWI & FLAIR images seen involving left fronto temporo parietal region - S/o Acute infarct Impression: Acute Infarct in Left fronto temporo parietal region *****************************************************************
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012