Boil on waist, redness, growing in size, pregnant. Hot compress safe to use?

I think I have a boil/carbuncle on my waist where my belt hits. It is red, painful, but does not have a white/yellow area. Started about a week ago and has gotten bigger. I am about 11.5 weeks pregnant. I have an appt with my OBGYN in about 2 weeks. I also work as a pharmacist in a hospital. I am not sure if I should go see a DR or wait until my OBGYN appointment. Should I do hot compress for a few days and if no improvement then go see a DR?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012