Blood pressure first reading at home much higher than taken later. Significance of initial reading?

When I measure my blood pressure at home the first reading is usually much higher than the subsequent one taken a few minutes later. For example, today the first systolic reading was 150 (over 78 diastolic) followed 2 minutes later by 121 (over 79), and 2 minutes after that it was 124 (over 80). I am on Amlodipine 5mg once daily. My systolic readings are always high (sometimes very high) when taken by a doctor, but often low at home. How much significance should I attach to the high initial readings?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012