Blood blister in groin. Popped, stopped bleeding, formed crater. Cause infection?

I have a blood blister , or what looks like a blood blister, where my thigh meets my groin . At first it was just a little blackhead and I have this terrible bad habit of picking at them. The other day I noticed it was a dark splotch about the size of two pencil erasers put together. When I got home today I noticed my underwear had a red stain where the blister is and the blister popped. Now there s this little crater and it has stopped bleeding after a hot bath. Should I be worried about infection? What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013