Bloating and swelling in the stomach after hysterectomy. When can I start walking?

hi, I had a total vaginal hysterectomy BSO ( including ovaries ) 5 days ago, the pain is not as bad as i thought but the bloating and swollen of my belly is crazy, how long does it last and also i'm a waitress and when can i go back to work ( i thought one week was going too be fine but, ) i have been taking long walks ( not too long ) and eating lots of fruits and prunes so yes i've been going to the bathroom but its hurts and burns, at night i've been having night sweats already is all this "normal"?
thanks ros
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013