Welcome to health care magic.
You should treat your daughter's wound just like a burn. We dermatologist
are not very keen on neosporin
as we see a lot of allergic reactions to it. Apply Silver sulphadiazine cream (silverex) over the wound. keep area clean and dry. Avoid excessive sunlight exposure over the area. If the infection is developing which is characterized by pain and redness and swelling it is better to take a course of oral antibiotics
. For that you need to show a doctor.
Once the wound totally heals you can start to apply a sunscreen with high spf( 30 or more) every 3 hrs in the morning and a cream containing kojic acid
at night to prevent post burn pigmentation.
Hope this helped