Bleeding since eight months. Done biopsy. Ultrasound showed collection of blood vessels. What could it be due to?

I just had a uterine biopsy this morning and and interlude and external ultra sound . I have been bleeding for 8 months without a day off. All I was told was that on the internal ultrasound they found a spot that had an unusual collection of blood vessels and they were bleeding into the uterus . The doctor said he was very interested to see what the biopsy said. This makes me very nervous. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012