Bleeding, discomfort in vagina, abdomen after intercourse. On oral contraceptive pills. Cause for discomfort?

Hi, my girlfriend began to bleed after intercourse the other day, all be it rather minor amount and has has quite severe discomfort in her vaginal and lower abdomen area since. Its now been almost 3 days and the discomfort hasnt really subsided. She is fit, healthy and 28 years of age. I have noticed tiny bleeding before but never the discomfort she has now. She takes oral contraception pills daily and has done for many years. Not sure what else information you would need to help give us a steer?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013