Bleeding after sex, started Alesse, still passing hunks of tissue. Is it any side effect ?

I m 20 years old, and for the last 6 months or so I ve been bleeding during/after sex (I have no idea why). Initially it was only occasional, but for the last 2 months it s been literally every time, and not a little spotting - but quite a lot of blood. I just started alesse 3 weeks ago at the end of my last period. My regular period is due to start tomorrow, but I ve been bleeding this entire last week - which started during sex but usually this stops within 24 hours. It switches between thick brown mucous to regular bright red bleeding, and I m passing chunks of tissue as well. Some of them fairly large. They re not blood clots. The small ones, in toilet water, are very obviously shreds of tissue, and the largest one was absolutely solid - soft, but not gelatinous like a blood clot. I know spotting is a potential side effect of the alesse, but this isn t just light spotting. I m also taking antibiotics (nitrofur macr/nitro mono - started 4 days ago) for a urinary tract infection , and wondering if maybe this is just something caused from the infection? Other side effects are lower back pain and mild cramping that feels a bit like menstrual cramps , and a pain on the left side of my tummy almost over my hip bone that comes and goes, and my breasts are pretty sore too. I m a bit irregular on the timing with taking my pill, but I haven t missed one at all this last week so it seems I shouldn t be having a period, and this doesn t seem like a regular period anyways... Any idea what s going on here? Or any idea why I bleed during sex without fail?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013