Bad headache, heavy chest, respiratory issues. Sinus infection? Had breast cancer. Related?

Hi, my partner and I have had respiratory problems for several weeks, he has bad headaches and a bad sort of exhaust fumes smell that no one can smell and so do i and i have a heavy chest, in the front and back of my lungs. Sometimes I feel like im breathing in something toxic and almost burns as it goes down my windpipe and into my bronchi. My tongue and throat are sore and sometimes yellow/ulcerated. I have been to the doctors, mine says its a sinus infection and i had antibiotics. My partners doctor said his was acid reflux , neither made any difference. We thought it could be carbon monioxide posioning and bought an alarm. We have a dog. The house has been cleaned daily with hepa filter vacuum. It may be something in the house although we both suffer symtoms out of the house. Someone said it could be chemicals in the sofa but we have had it for 3 years. Ive had breast cancer 3 years ago surgery/ radiotherapy , recently keyhole surgery 7 weeks ago to remove ovaries/tubes and cyst. My partner and I are fit and well otherwise, healthy weight, age 52 & 66yrs old exercise and work. Its a mystery so if you have any ideas, i would be very grateful. Vanessa Orledge
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012