Back pain, stiffness, urge to have bowel movement, green phlegm with gas and blood, swollen abdomen

Hello Dr. Narasi, I started having periodic lower back pain/ stiffness over the past year then in October it became constant which I chalked up to the cross fit training I had been participating in. Three weeks ago I woke and had the feeling I needed to have a bowel movement . Unfortunately what came out was a greenish flem with gas. Within an hour I had an actual bowel movement and red blood followed. I have had traces of blood a few times in the past few weeks also with periodic green mucus . Today my abdomen feels swollen and did have more greenish pus today. I have an appointment with my internist on Monday. Any words of wisdom? I have never had anything like this before. Alana
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013