Back pain, achy pain when coughing, no radiation . Why does this keep happening? How to prevent it?

I have had acute back pain episodes for years!!! Xrays normal. Usually middle low back or left sower back top of buttocks region. Happening more often with no or minimal trigger. Lying on sofa, got up, hurts to straighten. I can bend. Achy pain when coughing. No radiation . Why does this keep happeining?? Very frustrated, seems like I can t do anything anymore. How to prevent it. Motrin, rest, ice, and brace help.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013