Arm muscle pain above the injection site after drawing blood. Reason?

Hi, I got blood drawn a week ago, and afterwards, the muscle just above where the needle went in started to hurt. A week later, it still hurts pretty badly. When I don t move my arm , it s okay, but when I extend it or try to lift something heavy, it really hurts. It almost feels like a pulled muscle. I called the doctor s office, and the nurse said a blood draw wouldn t cause muscle damage. She said it must be a coincidence, but I know it s not. What do you think happened, and what can I do? Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012