Are delayed periods with tender breasts and nausea early signs of pregnancy ? How much time does it take for a pregnancy test to show a positive result after impregnation ?

Hello. I am 35 years old, 5 foot 5 inches in height, and weigh 188.5 lbs, a pound more than last month. My period is due today but so far there is no bleeding . I took a pregnancy test earlier, but it came out negative. I feel a knot- like feeling in my uterus that is not painful and my breasts were a little tender but not sore along with a slight feeling of nausea 2 days before that. My bowel movements have also changed in the past few days, with me having some loose stool. Is it possible I am still pregnant despite what the test said?
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011