Ankle sprain long ago. Swelling, lump down the shin. Cray normal. Undergone physio. Still paining. What could it be?

Hi I sprained my ankle quite badly about a year ago, the hospital originally thought I had broken the ankle and thought it might need to be reset. An Cray the same night showed no break and I was sent home with crutches, I had physio up until January this year. I still get pain although movement and weight bearing is easier and has improved, the ankle still swells and looks abnormal. The bottom of my leg also swells and I have a slight lump 3/4 down my shin. Recently I have been getting a tingling sensation randomly around the lower keg and foot. I still have problems walking properly after sitting down in the evenings and first thing in the morning. Is this normal or does this sound like a break/fracture? Should I go back to see my doctor/ a&e for an X-Ray?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013