Am pregnant, scan showed irregular sac. Taken Misoprostol. Bleeding and clots. Is dosage normal?

Hi , I was 8 week pregnant and had a early scan but scan showed sac was of 5 week with irregular sac. so doctor asked to come after one week but after three days i started having bleeding and pain so we went to doctor next day , they did a scan and it showed missed abortion then they admitted me and inserted 800mcg misoprostol in vagina , i was expected for heavy bleed and pain but nothing happened so after 15 hours they again inserted 800mcg in vagina after that next morning i expelled out some clots though bleeding was minimal so i had a TVS , after that they told that major clots have come out and some clots are there in cervical canal so they dischared me and asked me to have daily dosage of misoprostol 400mg orally for seven days . IS above prescribed oral dosage normal to have for seven days?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012