Accidentally hit in eye. Have blood blister in the corner of the eye, no vision issues. See a doctor?

My daughter accidentally head butted me in the right eye this morning. Right afterwards, I immediately developed an accumulation of blood (blood bump or blood blister ) in the left corner of my eye in the white part of the eye. The blood bump extends over to the edge but not actually into the color portion of my eye. It has stayed the same size since the incident. My eye still aches some from being hit (2 hrs ago), but I have no vision changes or other issues. Is it advisable to have a physician do an exam on the eye or can I monitor it and just assure that the bleeding does not reoccur and the blood bump increase in size?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012