Abdominal pain, nausea, fever, stomach noises, bowel movement problem. Advise?

Hi there -

My boyfriend has been feeling under the weather since Thursday night with a tummy ache with deep lower left hand side abdominal pain (achey). There was nausea yesterday (no vomiting or diarrhea) and a reported fever last night. Super sleepy yesterday with a headache and a lot of today (although he is up and about WAY more: cleaned the car!) Jis tummy is making lots of loud burble-y noises and although he has made bowel movements, they aren't "the usual" (inthink this means that the amount was less than usual)

I can't tell if it's just a bout of a random weird man-flu stomach bug with gas and perhaps constipation OR a massive life-threateninf hernia and/or blocked intestine. 

Any help?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013