Abdominal discomfort, loose stools. Taken Imodium. Cause of symptoms?

Hi, I have recently returned from a 3 week trip in Asia, a feel that just before or either at the time of this trip i began suffering from abdominal discomfort & loose stools on occasion. Admittedly the holiday did entail quite a lot of beer drinking, and on some occasions (mid-way through my trip) i had suffered from mild diarrhea , which i promptly took some Imodium tablets for.. This seemed to do the trick at the time but left me feeling constipated as a result. This scenario happened once again a few days down the line. Since I have been back in the UK for the past week or so, I have had no further symptoms of diarrhea, but I have noticed abdominal discomfort across my diaphragm, and consistent loose stools and acid burn in my lower stomach after eating food.. Please could you offer some suggestions as to what may be causing these symptoms. Diet perhaps?.. I am only eating regular food of the same nature than before I left the UK for my travels, so this would seem a strange reason to me if so!?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013