8 months pregnancy, prescribed ARG-9 sachets to avoid labor pains in early 9th month. Reason?

Hello Doctor, I will complete my 8 months on this 25-December-2012, My doctor has prescribed me ARG-9 sachets and given me medicine to stop the labour pain if it happens in first week of January i.e in the bening of 9th month of pregnancy. My doctor told me that she wants that labour pain should not happen before 15 january-2012. I am very much confused why my doctor given me medicine to stop the labour pain in the first week of 9th month. please solve my problem .
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012