51 years old, no periods. On birth control pills, stopped. Do I need birth control?

Hi doctor i am age 51 and i have b in on the long term pill that u take without a break.. i just came of it a year ago i have had no periods after comming of it and i have had no periods 4 years b in on the pill...what i want 2 no is do i need a conception of any kind now... and if so what could i do .. i have a prolapsed bladder it does not cause me pain it is a nusance doe.. but i am more wondering about conticption as i have just started a new relatitionship and i am afraid 2 try anything in case i get pregnant.. thanks..
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012