48 yrs old, periods gotten heavy due to fibroid, low iron levels. On Orthodo, advised pills for 3 months. Will Seasonal be effective ?

I am 48 and my periods have gotten heavy due to fibroids and now my iron levels are very low. I have been on Orthodo 1/35 for 15 years and my Dr. Suggested I take the pills continuously for three months with a break for a period and then continue. I have been doing that but am having some dark red discharge and also have had a couple days of very heavy bleeding. Now I am going to try Seasonal. Will this be more effective?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013