38 weeks pregnant, water leaking, lost mucous plug, strong cramps. Labor?

HI my name is melissa. This morning i woke up to use the restroom and saw there was a big wet spot on my underwear. I am 38 weeks pregnant and i thought it was my water leaking. But then i heard that if it was your water, that it will keep on leaking. I havent been leaking but i do feel really moist and wet down there. I also lost my mucus plug after that. I dont know if i should go to the hospital to get checked out. Im having cramps which are a little stronger than menstrual cramps but their not regular. This is my first baby and i dont know what to do. any advice will help.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012