2nd ultrasound shows a gestational sac of 5 weeks, but no fetal pole, advised to use Susten for 15 days. What happened ?

Hello Doctor My wife is 7w 5d had 1st u/s when I was 6w 3d. Was told the intrauterine gest sac seen but yolk sac & fetal pole not visible. The mean sac dia measures 8.9mm corresponding to 5w 5 days and suggested to follow up a scan after a week. In the next scan the report was gest sac is seen, mean sac dia measures 1.6cm corresponding to 5w 6 days. Youlk sac was visible measuring 4mm in dia and appears regular but fetal pole is not seen. Had blood work done, betahcg at 0000.5 mIU/ml. Also no heart beat was heard. Doctor asked to use susten 200 tablet for 15 days. please reply what is the real situation..
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013