24 year old having cyst and mass in ovaries. On birth control pills. Family history of ovarian cancer. What should be further treatment?

My duaghter is 24 and has cyst on one ovary and a mass on the other. She has had all the scans and the mass is 1.8 cm. Her doctor has put her on birth control for 6 months non stop. My mother died with ovarian cancer . My step daughter, her half sister had a complex mass that ruptcured and had to have a emergency surgery. She had a liter of blood in her abdomental cavity. My question is my daughter is in alot of pain. It is on and off, but it is disrupting her life. It seems all the medical staff pretty much say nothing, but you have a mass, have some pain pills. There has to be something that can be done
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012