10 months old, regularly constipated, skin tag on the bottom due to this. Advice ?

hi,my Son is 10 months old. he weaned at 6 months, had no problem until 7 months, he became constipated, since then I am giving him all fibre foods, fruits and veg, yoghurt etc. and started to give him lactulose . He goes to the toilet every day with help, otherwise he is holding his poop. If I am out with him and he has the feeling of poop I obviously cannot help him,so he holds it back. At home I have to hold his legs back and he can t hold his poop back, however the first bit is still a bit hard and too big for his bum. It hurts him. We referred to the paediatrician who gave him laxido powder. The problem is I try to make him drink water since he weaned every single day with less success, because he doesn t want to drink liquid apart from his milk. I also tried juice,so many types with no luck. He got a little lump on his bottom now from his poop thing ,doctor says is only a skin tag. If you have met with any similar or can help me what to do with him to be the same as he used to be before and go to toilet on his own I would be very happy. He is happy and healthy baby though, no problem with him apart from this above. thanks
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012