Would having amoebas and giadia infections cause to have susceptibility to getting Myasthenia Gravis?

Would having numerous amoebas and giadia infections cuase a person to have more susceptibility to getting Myasthenia Gravis?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Not risk factors for Myasthenia Gravis Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I am afraid these are two, and very different and unrelated phenomena. Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease, with purely different risk factors. Autoimmune meaning, the body unfortunately produces an inflammatory reaction, with release of substances that fight against its own self. The main risk factors are family history, being female, age between the 20s and the 40s, intake of certain drugs, generally used in treating other rheumatoid or joint related diseases like Penicillamine. It is also commonly seen in people already with joint disease like Rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus. I am afraid recurrent ameoba, nor are Giadia infections, mainly with intestinal manifestations, as of now, NOT risk factors to develop myaesthenia gravis. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Please, do feel very free asking follow up questions in case you got any special concerns or need some clarification. I would be very glad to make a humble contribution. Kind regards. Dr Rogers