Would a retroverted uterus cause spotting or pink discharge after intercourse?

Hi would a retroverted uterus cause spotting / pink discharge after intercourse?
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Retroverted uterus is just a position of the uterus and is a normal physiological variation. It is not indicative of any pathology and is not likely to cause a bleeding after intercourse.
The mild spotting you had could be due to a vaginal infection, cervical inflammation or polyp, hormonal disturbance, etc.
In case it is recurrent, an evaluation by a gynecologist is recommended.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.