Woke up with heart beating faster. Started taking carbamazepine for headache. Suggestions?

Nov 2013

I woke up this morning and can hear my heart beating. Yesterday I started taking carbamazepine for headache pain
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 18 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.
Generally, carbamazepine does not help in headaches including migraines. It works only in cases of facial pain due to trigeminal neuralgia.
Also, hearing one's heart beating is not a common side effect of carbamazepine. So, your current symptoms need to be evaluated.
If they persist, please consult your doctor.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: