Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

With reference to the follicular study what are the chances of conception?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions
Hello doctor,i am 21yrs old. i am married on 2012..we are planning for baby for past RMP-6 TO 7 once i get my periods..i have irregular periods..on sep 30,2013 we found out that i had pcos..i had taken some blood test are TSH,PRL,Rubella,FSH-7.63,LH-18.06,LH FSH RATIO-2.36:1.. on day sep 28,2013,doctor said me to take glycomet for 4 months and on 26th day of my cycle i should take duphaston 10mg for 5days.. on jan 3,2013,we done semen analysis test for my husband its normal.. my LMP:5.1.2014..on jan 7,2013,doctor prescribed me siphene 100mg(clomid) for 5 days to check for follicular growth.. jan 11,day 7th there was no readings and gave me r-fsh injection on jan 12&13.. jan 15,day 11th,RO-10*7mm,LO-8*6mm,ET-4.8mm..again on same day evening doctor gave r-fsh inj.. jan 17,day 13th,RO-15*11mm,LO-12*9mm,ET-5.1mm.. jan 18,day 14th,RO-18*12mm,LO-14*10mm, gave me inj HUCOG 5,000iu 1m to release the egg and tablet progynova 1mg for 2 days.. jan 21,17th day i dint ovulate and my RO-21*15MM,LO-14*10mm,ET-7.2 and the same day evening doctor gave me inj Lupride 1mg.. jan 23,19th day i dint ovulate and myRO-24*18mm,LO-14*10mm,ET-8.2mm..i consult doctor on the same said dont need to scan further and doctor said to have duphaston for 5 days from day 24th of my cycle(28.1.2014).. pls help me..will i conceive this month..when do i ovulate.. I have irregular periods..have done Follicular study..Will i conceive this month?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Around 25% chance of conception. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX I have read your query in details & following is my reply. In a normal couple when semen, wife's tubes & ovulation are fine, there is 25-30% chance of conception per cycle (cumulatively 70% in 6 cycles). You may have had ovulation between 36-56 hours after HCG injection OR may be later (Not all ovulation events are detectable on ultrasound & sometimes ovulation can occur late). Considering this fact & hoping positively, you have around 25% chance of pregnancy this cycle. There are few tips to maximize chance of pregnancy (For future cycles if pregnancy doesn't occur this cycle). 1. Avoid taking Inj HCG so early (18*12mm= average size of 15mm). 15mm is not the optimum size to receive inj HCG. 2. In clomiphene induced cycles, we need to consider endometrial thickness along with follicular size. Endometrium needs to be >8-9mm before taking inj HCG. You can weight for endometrium to improve. Follicle is going to rupture even without inj HCG, so no need to be scared if its taking long. 3. Do not restrict intercourse around ovulation. It increases your stress & reduces fertility. Better option is to do it at least 2-3 times per week irrespective of ovulation & if possible daily around ovulation. 4. You need ovulation induction medicine to make follicles. You may need to take it continuously for 5-6 cycles to have good chance of pregnancy. 5. If there is no conception in this cycle, kindly get tubal patency test done(if not already done). Normally we do not advise tubal patency test so early, but because you are needing such costly medicines for ovulation, its better to be absolutely sure that everything is fine before proceeding further. 6. Preferably take treatment from infertility specialist who is conversant with IVF protocols, as those doctors can handle ovarian stimulation with injectable medicines better way. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor