Why is my son feeling dizzy and feel like throwing up?Had a fall and bumped his head.

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi my son has had a few headaches during a soccer game, after a dr. appt, as soon as we give him Ibuprofen he feels ok, yesterday we took him to pediatrician and due to a chronic cough and his o2 sat was a little low (94) and was wheezing so doctor gave him a albuterol nebulizer and then he sounded clear. He prescribed Qvar two puffstwice a day and albuterol two puffs four times a day until cough dissipates. This tolerated meds well then day today woke up fine took inhalers a hour later complained he ewas dizzy and couldnt get off the couch without feeling dizzy and wanting to throw up. Any suggestions would be totally helpful!also he fell and bumped his head /eybrow requiring four stitches about two weeks ago.....
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: A head scan will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get a head scan done. Headache and dizziness along with vomiting can be due to concussion he might have suffered due to head injury. I would advise that you should get him examined and investigated by a Neurophysician. Proper rest will help in controlling the symptoms faster. Any medication should be given only under medical supervision. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Follow-up: Why is my son feeling dizzy and feel like throwing up?Had a fall and bumped his head. 6 minutes later
Thanks for your reply, so would you suggest not continuing the inhalers ,h is pediatrician originally diagnosed with reactive airway.....what scan is recomennded ct or mri? Also can these symptoms be indicative of migraine headaches as well. His mother gets them.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Inhalers to be continued. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your response. Inhalers are prescribed for a completely different symptoms and should be taken as advised by the Paediatrician. Probability of migraine is less. Since he had head injury, symptoms seems to be suggestive of concussion. You can go for a CT scan. Findings may be normal but still I will advise that he should take proper rest. I hope this answers your query. Thanks.