Why is my daughter's temperature not subsiding after treatment for Mycoplasma pneumonia ?

My 8 yr old (48 lbs, 47 inch) had Mycoplasma pneumoniae, XXXXXXX 4th for which she was treated (In ER and pediatrician). My concern is that her temperature hasn't gone down to her normal temperature 36 - 36.6 range. During the day she has 37.2, 37.3 up to 37.5. Also this week she had nausea and feeling like throw up, temp was 37.7. Took her to the doctor basically she has dyspepsia acid for which she was prescribed prevacid. She has cough variant asthma. Pediatrician checked her for UTD, Strep and checked her ears.Could her out of range temp eventually go away? Also 2 wks prior to the pneumonia she was treated for Strep.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later

The mildly raised temperature your daughter is having is normally seen after an illness due to the weakness. A temperature of upto 37.5 is considered within normal limits. Sometimes an oral temperature of 38.2 is also considered normal.
Since the rise in temperature is not associated with chills or any other symptoms.
Body temperature varies with age, sex, time of day, ambient temperature, activity level,etc. A raised temperature is not always a fever. Sometimes the set point of the body is set at a higher level causing the raised temperature of body.
After any major infective illness the production of cytokines in our body increases thus causing mildly raised body temperature which passes off in 2-3 weeks.
If there is temperature higher than 38.5 with chills or ill looking feeling then you need to get her investigated under the guidance of her pediatrician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.