Ask a Urologist   »  

Why does my penis hurt except when I am urinating?

ENT Specialist
my symptoms started 4 days ago. My penus hurts alot except when I pee. When I pee, everything seems normal and then a couple seconds later, the hurting returns. I have no visible legions (checked by 3 doctors). Last doctor stated that it could be an STD inside my uretha which is why there are no visible legions. But wouldn't an STD inside the uretha cause extreme pain when I pee. Is there an STD that doesn't hurt when you pee?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

From your history, it is clear that your symptom is acute in onset. There may be 2 possibilities in your case--

Now let me tell you, what you will have to do now--

1- In case you have UTI, then the predominant symptoms will be burning maturation, fever, lethargy etc. To confirm it, you need to do a urine analysis and urine culture and sensitivity to see which antibiotic will be the best to treat the infection as sometimes the infectious agent grow resistant to the used antibiotics.

Also it is advisable to get an ultrasound scan, to see if any other problem is associated that is predisposing to the infection.
Get the sugar levels also checked, as sugar patients are known to have repeated infections.

2-Stone in urinary tract--Please get a X-ray KUB & Ultrasound of KUB it will help find out if the reason is stone.Consult a Urologist for further treatment till then drink plenty of water.

3-STD-- it is definitely associated with history of unprotected sex.

Treatment is same, for all the 3 conditions that ,first consult a urologist, he /she will prescribe a course of antibiotic, an alkalyser, a pain killer, vitamin and mineral supplements, a antispasmodic drug.

Along with investigations like GBP, KUB X XXXXXXX USG , URINE ANALYSIS,If the symptoms still persist then the doctor will plan for cystoscopy.

Hope this will help you and i am ready for future follow ups.