Why do I have a shaky and weak feeling during first day of period ?

I am a 39 year old female who weighs 236 and is 5 ft. 7 in. I am currently on my period. I felt fine this morning and out of nowhere i broke out in a cold sweat. I felt shaky and weak. I drank a full glass of orange juice thinking I may have had low blood sugar.The sweating eventually stopped but I still feel a bit uneasy. What could be wrong??
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later

Cold sweats may be due to stress, syncope etc.

Sudden sweating and shaky feeling while you are having periods is most commonly due to a sudden heavy bleeding. You need to monitor yourself for the amount of bleeding you are having and if you are changing pads more frequently then the cause needs to be investigated under the guidance of your Gynaecologist.

The other causes that need to be ruled out are hypoglycaemia, sudden fluctuation in blood pressure, heart rate rhythm disorders, etc.

You also need to have your hemoglobin checked to rule out anemia.

Please visit your gynecologist to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.