Why do I experience pain in collarbone and neck while sneezing?

I have had pain in collarbone and right where my collarbone meets in the middle of my neck for quite some time now. When I sneeze, it hurts very bad for about 30 seconds all through my shoulders, neck, and collarbone, unless I hold my arms straight up in the air when I sneeze, it does not hurt at all????
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Missed fracture to be ruled out Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Pain associated in collar bone especially with sudden jerky movements like sneezing could be due to missed fracture of the collar bone. Raising of arms splints the collar bone and does not provoke sudden jerky movements. I would suggest you to get X-ray of collar bone done along with ultrasound to rule out other inflammatory pathology. Exact diagnosis will depend on good clinical examination and radiological assessment. Would suggest you to send a clinical photograph of the site of pain . In the meantime time local hot water fomentation and analgesic like Ibuprofen will provide the much needed relief. Will be glad to assist you further. Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD
Follow-up: Why do I experience pain in collarbone and neck while sneezing? 7 minutes later
Thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take care Detailed Answer: Take care Wishing you speedy recovery