Why am I having pain in knee while bending or climbing?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Have knee pain from past one month, no external injury. the pain is visible when i bend down ( do squat ) and while i climb the stairs. What could be the problem ?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

As per your history, You might having problem of -

Arthrits( osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis,crystaline arthritis) - This affects the joints and can cause pain
Patellofemoral syndrome and chondromalacia patella
Iliotibial band syndrome

Since these conditions can only be differentiated by an examination, I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance to see any arthritic changes, joint destruction or any other pathology). You can also upload the X-rays here so that we can discuss this here. You can use 'Upload your reports' section.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.