Ask a Urologist   »  

Whitish areas to the foreskin,skin color different at the end of penis,is blue pill safe for erection problems?

I have what appears to be whiteish areas to the foreskin; the colour being the only difference to the skin at the 'end' of the penis. My age is 65
With my medical history and medication, is it safe to 'take' the blue pill to help with erection problems?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

If the affected areas are not raised and its just a hypo-pigmentation ( color change into white ) in the foreskin , i would consider it to be normal as it could probably be a part of age related degenerative changes and of no harm.

If you have itching or burning sensation there are chances of it being a fungal infection, which can be well cured by applying MICANAZOLE ointment twice daily after through cleaning.

Answer to your Second Query :

The Blue pill ( Sildenafil citrate )

Is strictly contraindicated in people with history of angina as it can result in a re attack , By altering the blood supply and work load on to the cardiac muscle

It also lowers the BP in individuals with existing cardiac illnesses and with a alfa blockers like Tamsulosin on, there are much more chances of the same.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Since you are on a anticoagulant ( Aspirin ) the blood has low viscosity and with assisted erection there are easy chances where there can be hemorrhage in the penile layers.

Hence with the history you have i would say Sildenafil has to be avoided strictly.