Ask a Urologist   »  

White spot on penis, grown to ulcer or boil, simple cyst, congenital embryonic variation

My son is 1.5 yrs old. we noticed a little white spot on his penis few months back and didn't take it seriously. now we found that spot has grown into a sort of ulcer/boil on the junction of Glans and neck of the penis. it is 3 mm in length, 1-2mm raised and 2 mm in breadth. it is white in color as if it is some kinda puss. please tell us the possibilites what exactly it could be and some cure?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later

Does that lesion hurt or itch? Does your son cry when you touch the lesion?

Does he have a similar lesion anywhere else on the body?

My possibilities are Molluscum Contagiosum, Milia, Inclusion cyst. Can you send me a pic of the lesion on YYYY@YYYY . Mention the subject line as ATTN: DR XXXXXXX

Also do not forget to reply to my answer here as I can only reply you here.

In case it eventually turns out to be any of the following, there is nothing much to worry out.

These lesions can easily be removed with a small daytime surgery. But we need to confirm the diagnosis first.

Looking forward to getting your mail.
Follow-up: White spot on penis, grown to ulcer or boil, simple cyst, congenital embryonic variation 7 hours later
Thanks for your reply. I have sent you picture of the lesion on the given email ID as advised. he does not have any other lesion at any other place on his body so far.

Looking forward to your reply further..

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 21 hours later

Thanks for sending the pics.
The lesion looks like a simple cyst or a congenital embryonic variation. Mostly no treatment is required as these lesions only have cosmetic importance and nothing else. As for the etiology, there is no particular cause of it. It may be due to some variation in embryonic cell migration.

I would suggest that no treatment is warranted at this stage. Nevertheless, you may consult a Urologist for his opinion as well.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you Good Health