Which is the best medicine in Allopathy or Ayurveda to treat HIV without side effects?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Dear Sir/Madam
This is regarding hiv wich is best medicane alopathi are ayruveda if i use ARV what is the side effects any how i would like to increse my life time. useing by any one of medcine give me best advise with no side effects. please let me know ASAP
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Till date there is no evidence that HIV can be completely cured or eradicated by any of the medications be it allopathy, homeopathy or ayurveda.
Hiv is a virus which when infects the body multiplies very fast and weakens the immune system of the person so that he becomes vulnerable to many other infections and diseases causing damage and sometimes death.
If the multiplication of the virus is controlled and the immune system is boosted then the person is less likely to suffer from other illnesses.Also prompt treatment and follow up to the treating doctor for even minor illnesses can prevent complications and prolong the survival.
As per research studies ,this is best done done by the anti retroviral drugs(ARV) and immune modulator drugs given in allopathy.
The sideeffects are there with all types of medications be it allopathy, homeopathy or ayurveda.
But weighing the risk benefit ratio, the maximally recommended therapy is the ARV .
Also the treatment depends upon the stage of illness,the earlier it's started the lesser the risk of sideeffects and complications.
Hence I would advise you to consult your physician for the same as soon as feasible.
Please do not worry , in todays age ,with appropriate treatment, regular follow up, healthy lifestyle modifications and home care , the life expectancy of even HiV infected people has improved a lot and you can lead a almost normal life ahead with some minor setbacks.

Hope that answers your query.