Can kissing cause HIV?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, 7 months ago, I french kissed a woman. I do not know whether or not she has HIV, but I am worried that I have contracted it from her. I have no symptoms (although I know that makes littles difference) and as far as I can remember, neither of us were bleeding or had sores in our mouths. What is my risk of HIV infection?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Dont worry Detailed Answer: Hi Your risk of transmission and getting infected is almost nil. Just relax. If you are still worried please get western blot blood test done to detect virus . Regards
Follow-up: Can kissing cause HIV? 27 minutes later
I may have had a small mouth sore from a healing gum boil. Am I still OK?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Don't be worried... Detailed Answer: Hi Yes, the transmission risk is not high even if you had a boil. Relax. Get the test done to calm yourself if needed. Regards