Which birth control pill should I use?

I marriade 7 days before i dont want baby for next month kindly suggest what to do? which tablet you will prefer
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 9 minutes later

To avoid conception and pregnancy, there are three methods which you can follow:
1)You can use Barrier contraceptives like condoms.
2)Your partner can take oral contraceptives which contains a combination of an estrogen and a progestin (progestogen). She can start them on the first day of her menstrual periods or first Sunday ( Sunday start) after her periods start.
3)Post coital emergency contraceptive pills like I pill or Pill 72. These pills are to be taken within first 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. But they are not without side effects and can cause breakthrough or in between bleeding and changes in the menstrual periods.

Since you were married 7 days before, so any unprotected intercourse till your partner starts with a form of contraceptive or you use condoms can cause pregnancy. Hence she should get a checkup done from her gynecologist and start with contraceptive pills like Loette or Yaz or you can use condoms. If there was any unprotected intercourse after you married then pregnancy status has to be confirmed first before starting any form of contraception.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.